Welcome to our big all in one printer test. Here we present you all of the all in one printers we have tested. We have put together detailed background information for you.
We want to make the purchase decision easier for you and help you to find the best all in one printer for you.
You can also find answers to frequently asked questions in our guide. You will also find some important information on this page that you should definitely pay attention to if you want to buy an all in one printer.
- With an all in one printer you can not only print, but also copy, scan or fax depending on the device. Many devices also offer other additional features such as an automatic document feeder.
- A basic distinction is made between all-in-one laser printers and all-in-one inkjet printers when it comes to multifunction printers based on their printing technology. Each of the two types has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Laser multifunction printers are particularly suitable for those who print often and a lot. In contrast, multifunctional inkjet devices are particularly suitable for those who do not use a lot of printers.
Best All-In-One Printers
HP OfficeJet 250 All-in-One Portable Printer
- Main functions of this HP all-in-one portable printer: scan,…
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone…
- Easy portable printing wherever you need it. This durable,…
- Reduce charging interruptions with a long-lasting battery….
- Use Original HP 62 ink & HP 62XL cartridges for great…
HP ENVY Pro 6455 Wireless All-in-One Printer
- Simple multitasking for home: Print, scan, and copy…
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 4 months free…
- Mobile setup with required HP Smart app: Fast and easy…
- Better-than-ever connectivity: Ensure your family stays…
- Print and scan from virtually anywhere: With the HP Smart…
Canon Office and Business MB2720 Wireless All-in-one Printer
- Two paper cassettes provide a combined capacity of 500…
- The Canon PRINT app has great features so you can scan, copy…
- Print laser-sharp text that is highlighter and smudge…
- With a 20,000 page Duty Cycle, the MAXIFY MB2720 is built to…
- All MAXIFY printers feature 100% US-based Service &…
HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction M479fdw
- BUILT TO KEEP YOUR BUSINESS MOVING FORWARD – Print, scan,…
- HP WOLF PRO SECURITY – Protect company data and safeguard…
- AUTOMATE COMPLICATED WORKFLOWS – Help save time by…
- PRINT WITH OR WITHOUT A NETWORK – Use built-in Wi-Fi…
- SPEED THROUGH TASKS – Stay productive with single-pass,…
Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Color All-in-One
- Your busy office needs a printer that’s fast, affordable,…
- Innovative Cartridge-Free Printing ― High-capacity ink…
- Dramatic Savings on Replacement Ink ― Save up to 90% with…
- Stress-Free Printing — Up to 2 years of ink in the box (4)…
- Zero Cartridge Waste – By using an EcoTank printer, you…
Brother Monochrome Laser Printer, Compact All-In One Printer
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency…
- Dynamic features meet your evolving needs. The 250-sheet…
- Flexible printing. The manual feed slot offers flexible…
- Engineered to deliver productivity. Up to 50-sheet automatic…
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wireless from your…
HP Officejet Pro 8028 All-in-One Printer
- Smart Tasks eliminates steps in repetitive tasks by allowing…
- Take control of print, scan, copy, and fax jobs with…
- Voice-activated printing enables your HP printer to work…
- Up to 20ppm Black and White, 10ppm Color | 35-page Auto…
- Limited time offer: 4 Months of instant ink free, when you…
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer
- Stunning photos for less than 5 cents – Features of this…
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand –…
- Wireless connectivity you can count on – Reliable wireless…
- Our most powerful printing app ever – The HP Smart app…
- HP Instant Ink: Ink delivery service starting at three…
Canon TS6420 All-In-One Wireless Printer
- Easy Setup for smartphone and computer so you can get to…
- Print, copy, scan and navigate the features you need using…
- Easily print from any room -from laptops, tablets, and…
- Print from your favorite mobile devices using theCanon PRINT…
- You can also download the Easy-PhotoPrint Editor app or…
Brother MFC-J497DW Inkjet Multifunction Printer
- Brother MFC-J497DW Wireless color inkjet all-in-one printer…
- Compact, and easy to connect. Compact color inkjet…
- Simple to connect your way. Versatile connection options…
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wirelessly from your…
- Intuitive cloud connection. Scan-to popular cloud services…
Frequently Asked Questions: All-In-One Printers
Who should use an all-in-one printer?
Basically, an all in one printer is suitable for anyone who wants to transfer documents from a computer or smartphone to paper. Whether at home or in the office, an all in one printer is very practical and can be integrated anywhere.
The all in one printer is generally very popular for office work because it can print out a large number of documents in a very short time. The scan function of the all in one printer is also very well equipped.
For this reason, professional agencies mostly work with high-quality individual devices, which, however, are a lot more expensive to buy. But even those who don’t want to invest all of their savings in high-quality scanning and printing technology can definitely get their money’s worth with an all-in-one printer.
So determine your individual needs and requirements and choose the right model!
What are the advantages of an all in one printer over other printers?
The biggest advantage, as the name suggests, is that you don’t have to purchase several individual devices, because this all-in-one printer includes all the important functions such as printing, scanning and copying. In addition, the tedious installation of each individual device is no longer necessary.
In addition to the electricity costs, you can also save the acquisition costs if you only have one multifunctional device available. Another advantage is that the all in one printer saves space, since only one device instead of three or even more has to be purchased.
In summary, all-in-one devices have the following advantages over several individual devices:
- Space saving
- Cheaper purchase
- Energy saving
- Easier operation, installation and maintenance
What alternative is there for an all in one printer?
All in one printers can be made of many different materials. Each of the models has its own advantages and disadvantages. The following section gives you a brief overview of the alternatives to all in one printers.
Most people understand foil printers to be printers for projector foils. Usually the writing is burned in here. Nowadays there are special foils for inkjet and laser printers that are rough on one side.
Dot matrix printer:
Dot matrix printers are assigned to the large group of impact printers. Here, needles hit a ribbon and create the writing.
Inkjet printers are matrix printers that use nozzles and ink tanks to print. These printers belong to the group of non-impact printers, as no physical pressure is exerted on the paper. They are considered the most well known color printers and can be found in many households. The acquisition costs are significantly lower than for laser printers, but the follow-up costs for printer cartridges and ink cartridges are a lot higher. The Canon inkjet printers are best known.
Thermal sublimation printer:
Thermal sublimation printers are color printers that use a special thermal printing process. Color wax is applied to the paper. Thermosublimation printing requires high temperatures of 300 to 400 ° C.
Each of these printers mentioned has certain advantages that are not to be despised. Nevertheless, the all in one printer seems to be superior to the others in many criteria.
Types of All-In-One Printer
If you want to get an all in one printer, there are two alternatives you can choose between:
- All in one inkjet printer
- All in one laser printer
The handling, maintenance and use of the two different printers each have advantages and disadvantages. Depending on the purpose, how often and what you print, either all in one laser printer or all in one inkjet printer can be of advantage for you. You can find out which technique suits you and your printing habits best in the following section.
For this purpose, we will briefly present the two modes of operation and highlight the advantages and disadvantages that result from them for the respective printer type.
All-In-One Inkjet Printer: Advantages & Disadvantages
All in one inkjet printers, also known as inkjet printers, are the all-rounders for all those who occasionally have to print a few pages. The technology of this printer is also perfect for photo printing.
In addition, inkjet printers can often print on surfaces other than paper, such as on CDs, foils or cotton. Since the all in one inkjet printer is relatively cheap to buy and maintenance is also easy, this printer is very popular.
- Good photo prints
- Printable on other print media
- Cheap purchase
- Easy maintenance
- Slow printing speed
- High follow-up costs
- Cartridges can dry out
- Pages smear after printing
However, this line printing technique has the consequence that the printing speed is often significantly slower than with laser printers that print page by page. The cartridge and printing costs are also rather expensive with an all in one inkjet printer.
If the cartridges are not used for a long time, the ink can dry up and clog the nozzles. These can be cleaned again with the help of a print head cleaning, but some ink is wasted in the process.
To avoid this, a test page should be printed every one to two weeks. Due to the liquid ink, the pages have to dry briefly immediately after printing to avoid smearing.
All-In-One Laser Printer: Advantages & Disadvantages
Thanks to their high printing speed and low printing costs with high print volumes, laser printers are particularly suitable for multiple printers. That is why they are ideal for use in companies.
In addition, all in one laser printers are the simplest form of laser printers. Those laser printers are primarily optimized for creating text and graphics without color.
However, the special printing technique also has some disadvantages. Due to the high complexity of the technology, the acquisition costs are relatively high compared to the all in one inkjet printer. It is also costly to buy new toners.
- High printing speed
- Low printing costs
- High print volume
- Creation of text and graphics
- High acquisition costs
- Big need of space
- Particulate matter pollution
- High energy consumption
In addition, laser devices are often relatively large and therefore take up a lot of space. Laser printers also use a lot of electricity, which drives up energy costs.
All in one laser printers are particularly suitable as network printers for companies due to their size, low printing costs and high printing speed. Nevertheless, these are also suitable for private households.
Even if laser printers are a bit more expensive to buy, they have relatively low follow-up costs and are particularly suitable for multiple printers.
All-In-One Laser Printer: Purchase Criteria
In the following, you will be shown which aspects you can use to decide between the multitude of possible all in one printers.
The criteria with which you can compare the all in one printers with one another include:
- Printer connection
- Print speed
- Maximum paper capacity
- Duplex printing
- Copy, Scan & Fax function
In the following paragraphs we will explain to you what is important for the individual criteria.
USB, LAN and WLAN connections are the typical connections. Many people prefer a network-connected printer because they are convenient for printing.
The problem with LAN connections is that a cable has to be laid. WLAN networks are usually a little more difficult to set up for the first time, but they have the advantage that smartphones, cell phones or other mobile devices can also be used.
The AirPrint function is emerging more and more. In particular, the brand manufacturers Brother, Canon, Epson and Samsung repeatedly advertise it. This facilitates the connection to Apple products. Such all-in-one printing devices can convince as printers for the iPad, iPhone or Macbook.
Nothing is easier than controlling it with your own mobile phone. The printer can then identify itself as a mobile printer.
The print speed indicates how many pages a printer can print per minute in ISO values. Test pages are first printed on plain paper with the default settings and then the average is taken.
This value should make printers easier to compare. However, the values may not necessarily be achievable in reality, as they can vary greatly depending on the setting. The variation can e.g. depend on what paper you are using or what type of document you are printing.
In general, the following applies: the higher the ISO value in pages per minute, the faster the device processes and prints print jobs. The values vary greatly depending on the model and are between 9 and 30 pages per minute for black and white prints. For color printing, the values are between 5 and 18 pages per minute. As a rule, all in one laser printing devices have a higher printing speed.
Maximum paper capacity
For few printers, the paper capacity may play less of a role than for many printers. Because if you print a lot and often and don’t want to keep adding paper, you should attach importance to the largest possible paper supply.
There are also some multifunction devices that have a lockable paper cassette. This has the advantage that, for example, no dust can collect on the paper.
The paper capacity ranges from 100 to 500 sheets that fit into the respective input tray of the multifunction device.
There is also the option of a separate sheet feeder. It is also possible to print heavier sheets, labels, envelopes or foils. In contrast to the normal paper feed, the single sheet feeder directs the sheet to the printer by the shortest possible route so that a paper jam is avoided. However, with many models the sheets often have to be entered manually one by one.
If you want to save paper, you should definitely print on both sides. A duplexer is therefore always a good choice when the printing volume is high or when you only print in the toner-saving draft mode. Both are mostly the case in office environments, which is why a duplex unit is virtually indispensable for a business printer.
A duplexer also has advantages when brochures, manuals or newsletters are to be printed. It ensures that the binding is always in the right place on even / odd pages.
Copy, Scan & Fax function
It is important to consider which function you want to have. With an all in one printer, a copy and scan function is usually part of the standard equipment in addition to the print function.
You should note that the scanner can also reproduce the scanned document in color if it is in color. With some monochrome printers, in addition to printing, scanning is only possible in black and white. However, this case is rather rare.
There is also the option of the fax function. Above all, because of size aspects, you should consider whether you really need these nowadays.
Facts about All-In-One Printers
How and where do I dispose empty cartridges and toner?
The cartridges contain valuable raw materials that can be recycled. But if you throw them in the trash, they will be destroyed and thus removed from the raw material chain. This means that household waste is the wrong way to dispose of it.
In order to be able to recycle the raw materials, many manufacturers offer recycling programs. Usually you can send your empty cartridges back to them free of charge. If you do this, you have not only got rid of the empty cartridges, but have also made an important contribution to the environment. You can also take advantage of this offer from most lessors.
There are even suppliers who also buy rare cartridge sizes in order to be able to reuse them. You can even get some money out of empty cartridges there.
If there are no such recycling options for your cartridges, you should find out more from the municipal garbage disposal or disposal company. They then properly dispose of the empty cartridges or toner.
How do I clean an all in one printer?
When you clean a printer, you should basically do the same for every printer. Dust builds up inside a printer over time. This can come from paper, toner and the household.
When changing the toner you can check whether the printer is very dusty on the inside. If this is the case, the easily accessible areas must be carefully cleaned with a slightly damp lint cloth.
However, it should be noted that you are working inside a technical device and therefore you should first observe the operating instructions. Some dust in your laser printer is perfectly normal.
Can the all in one printer print pictures from a smartphone?
The all in one printer with scanner is able to print pictures or documents from your smartphone. However, it only works directly if you have a WLAN or NFC laser printer with a scanner.
If you have a USB laser printer with a scanner, printing from your smartphone only works with the help of your laptop or computer, which acts as a transmitter.
Since your laptop or computer is connected to the scanner, all documents to be printed must first arrive there before they can be printed.
Last product update on 2022-01-23 | Source: Amazon Affiliate