Whether for a party at home, a barbecue in the park or your next trip, an external mobile phone speaker enables you to play your favorite music in an even better sound quality. You might be wondering which speaker box is the right one for me? Are there also high-quality cell phone speakers that are still inexpensive? What criteria do I have to pay particular attention to when buying a cell phone speaker?
In our large cellphone speaker test we answer these and other questions. You will also receive detailed background information on the subject of loudspeakers for cell phones. We will introduce you to the different types of cell phone speakers in more detail and show you the advantages and disadvantages. All of this will help you find the one that’s right for you.
- Speakers for the mobile phone allow a better and louder playback of your sound and video recordings. A Bluetooth connection is established between the two devices.
- Basically, these three types of cellphone speakers can be distinguished: the mini speakers, the portable speakers and the stationary speakers. The main difference is in their size.
- Depending on the manufacturer, the type and the functions contained in the speaker box, you can purchase cell phone speakers in different price ranges and qualities.
Best Cell Phone Speakers
Anker Soundcore Bluetooth Speaker
- ASTONISHING SOUND: Breathtaking stereo sound with deep bass…
- 24H WORRY-FREE BATTERY LIFE: Anker’s exclusive, long-life…
- WATERPROOF BUILD: IPX5-rated casing offers complete…
- EFFORTLESS CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth 4.2 ensures instant…
- BassUp TECHNOLOGY: An in-house tuned digital signal…
The Anker SoundCore Bluetooth speaker offers, thanks to the built-in BassUp technology, a first-class stereo sound with crystal clear highs and balanced lows. With its size of 16.5 x 5.6 x 4.6 cm and its weight of 358 g, it can be taken along without any problems.
Thanks to its IPX7 waterproofness, it is protected from rain, dust and snow. It also offers you a battery life of 24 hours and the possibility of establishing a Bluetooth connection within a distance of up to 20 m.
If you want a cellphone speaker with first-class sound and many functions, but still at an affordable price, then this all-rounder is the right choice for you.
MIFA A1 Portable Wireless Soundbox
- Superior Loud Sound: 5W driver & Class-G double charge pump…
- IP56 Dust-Proof & Water-Resistant: Features woven fabric…
- Long Battery Life: Built-in 1200 mAh rechargeable lithium…
- Bluetooth 4.2 Technology: Easy to pair with any…
- Super Portable: Mini size for take-anywhere convenience;…
With its handy size of 8.64 x 8.38 x 4.57 cm and its weight of just 175 g, this mobile phone speaker is one of the mini speakers for mobile phones. With its IPX6 waterproof and IPX5 dustproof design, you no longer have to worry about rain, splash water or dust.
The cellphone speaker has a removable strap, which allows you to attach the speaker to your bike or bag. So it is your ideal companion for excursions into nature to climb, hike or spend a leisurely day on the beach.
JBL Charge 4
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly connect up to 2…
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion…
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach or the pool…
- JBLCONNECT+ Amplify your listening experience to epic levels…
- DURABLE FABRIC AND RUGGED MATERIAL: The durable fabric…
With its built-in JBL speaker driver and two JBL bass radiators, it delivers enormous sound quality that you can enjoy to the full for up to 20 hours thanks to its built-in rechargeable battery. The IPX7 waterproof enables you to easily take it with you outside, to the swimming pool or to the beach. The dual USB port allows you to connect and charge two devices at the same time.
With this mobile phone speaker from JBL you can enjoy excellent sound quality anywhere and have the option of charging your mobile phone while it is playing.
Anker Soundcore Mini
- Compact And Powerful: Super-portable Bluetooth speaker…
- Unstoppable Music: Micro SD support and AUX capability…
- Extensive Connectivity: Utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 technology…
- Extended Playtime: Anker battery technology supplies 15…
- What You Get: Anker Soundcore mini, Micro USB charging…
The Anker SoundCore mini Bluetooth speaker is our test winner among the mini speakers for your cell phone. Despite its small housing of just 6.7 x 6.7 x 6.7 cm and a weight of 259 g, it has a powerful 5W driver and passive subwoofers that allow you to enjoy intense sound.
In addition to a battery life of 15 hours and a Bluetooth range of up to 20 m, it offers you many other functions, such as B. an integrated microphone, which allows you to make phone calls.
The Anker SoundCore mini is just right for you if you prefer a small cellphone speaker but still don’t want to do without clear and intense sound and important other functions.
Cell Phone Speakers: Purchase Criteria
In this section we would like to show you the factors you can use to compare and rate cell phone speakers. This will help you find the right speaker for your phone.
We’ll go into these factors below:
- Height & Weight
- Sound Quality
- Battery Life
Height & Weight
The size and weight of the external cell phone speaker play a major role, especially if you want to use the speaker box on the go.
The smaller the speaker for your phone, the lighter it will be.
In order to make the right choice, you should answer the following questions, among others:
- Do you often want to take your cell phone speaker with you?
- Do you have enough space for the external speaker box every day?
- How important is good sound quality to you?
One of the most important factors when buying a bluetooth speaker for your cell phone is sound quality. It is therefore advisable to carry out a practical test before buying.
A rule of thumb is that the smaller the speaker box, the more tinny is its sound quality. The reason for this is simple: the small membrane area, which is important for sound generation, is small with small speakers. As a result, the sound cannot be produced as clearly and well as it would be with a larger membrane area.
The functions of an external cellphone loudspeaker are diverse. Therefore, you should ask yourself the following questions: What do you expect from your external cell phone speaker? Would you like an integrated power bank or the possibility of connecting your loudspeaker to your home network?
Depending on the manufacturer, the type and price of the external cell phone speaker, the individual functions that it has to offer differ.
Typically, all models have the following standard features:
- Music playback via Bluetooth streaming
- Stereo sound
If the standard functions are not sufficient for you, consider in advance which functions are particularly important to you.
In the guide above, we have provided you with an overview of the functions of cell phone speakers.
When buying your cell phone speaker, you should definitely take a look at the battery life. It doesn’t matter how good the sound quality of your speaker box is if the integrated battery only lasts a few hours. So make sure that the battery life of your cellphone speaker is long enough to meet your requirements. So ask yourself whether five hours are enough for you or whether you need more than 15 hours of battery life.
If you are only interested in a stationary cell phone speaker, the battery life is not of great importance. In this case, you can even use a model that does not have an integrated battery.
Types of Cell Phone Speakers
The market for external cell phone speakers is large and offers a large selection of different speaker boxes. However, the following can be distinguished into three types for mobile phone speakers:
- Portable speakers for the cell phone
- Mini speaker for the cell phone
- Stationary speakers for cell phones
Portable Speakers: Advantages & Disadvantages
An integrated battery, the size and the weight characterize this type of loudspeaker and allow the user to take it with him regularly. So that the speaker box can be used outdoors without problems, they are splash-proof or even completely waterproof, depending on the quality. Despite their size, portable speakers for cell phones offer good sound quality.
- You can take it anywhere
- Good sound quality
- Comparatively cheap
- Usually only have standard functions
- The more functions, the more expensive the model
- In most cases only splash-proof
Mini Speakers: Advantages & Disadvantages
Mini loudspeakers for cell phones are particularly small versions of portable loudspeaker boxes. Their small size and weight make them easy to take with you. Some models have a special clip or carabiner that allows attachment to the backpack. Due to the small size, however, the sound quality and battery life suffer, but these models are usually the cheapest option.
- You can take it anywhere
- Mostly the cheapest option
- Requires little space
- Sound quality suffers due to size
- Low battery life
Stationary Speakers: Advantages & Disadvantages
The stationary loudspeaker box for the cell phone is large and heavy and designed exclusively for use at home. Your power supply is ensured by an external cable, which means that you need a permanent place with access to a socket. Due to their size, they offer very good sound quality and often a wider range of functions.
- Easy handling
- Usually several functions to choose from
- Offer even better sound quality
- Are usually a bit more expensive
- No integrated battery
- Intended for home use only
Frequently Asked Questions: Cell Phone Speakers
What is an external cell phone speaker?
An external cell phone speaker is a speaker that is not integrated in the cell phone. As an external amplifier, it enables the playback of sound formats from your mobile phone in a better and louder sound quality. These audio formats can be both audio and video files.
A Bluetooth connection is used to transmit the sound formats from your mobile phone to the external mobile phone speaker. Depending on the cell phone speaker, the Bluetooth range is 10 m to 100 m.
A loudspeaker box enables your mobile phone to play back sound files with an even better sound quality.
For this purpose, both devices are connected to one another using a Bluetooth connection.
What are the functions of a cell phone speaker?
Who manufactures cell phone speakers?
The selection of loudspeaker boxes for mobile phones is large, as is the number of providers. To give you a rough overview, the following is a list of the providers who have established themselves in the market for cellphone speakers. Each of these providers is characterized by the fact that they offer different models in their range.
- Ultimate Ears
The speaker won't connect to my mobile phone - what can I do?
As already mentioned, most external speakers for cell phones have the function of Bluetooth streaming. To establish a Bluetooth connection between the speaker box and your mobile phone, you usually have to follow the steps below:
- Activate Bluetooth: Turn on the Bluetooth function on your mobile phone and then press the Bluetooth button on the speaker.
- “Pair” devices with one another: The loudspeaker now sends a radio signal to your mobile phone. A message should appear on your mobile phone display asking you whether you want to “pair” yourself with this Bluetooth device. Press “yes”. The external cell phone speaker should now be paired with your cell phone.
- If this is not the case: Go to the Bluetooth settings of your mobile phone and display the “available devices”. Select your speaker box manually.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3: If the external cell phone speaker does not appear in the overview of the available devices, press the Bluetooth button on the speaker box again and repeat steps 1 to 3.
Last product update on 2021-07-31 | Source: Amazon Affiliate