OXO Good Grips Egg Slicer
- Quickly and easily slice hard-boiled eggs into perfect 5 mm…
- Holder cradles egg in two directions for round or oblong…
- Raised handle for easy opening and closing
- Non-slip base provides a comfortable grip while slicing over…
- Top-rack dishwasher safe
Egg Slicer for Boiled Eggs by Ortarco
- Cut hard boiled eggs into perfect 5 mm slices with…
- Also perfect for other SOFT fruit such as Strawberry,Kiwi
- Easy to clean with light rubbing, dish soap and a rinse of…
- Easy opening and closing due to its raised handle
- Safe, durable PP plastic
Egg Slicer, BIBURY Egg Cutter
- ✔ 【Unique and Exquisite Design】Unique chrome plated…
- ✔ 【 High-Quality Materials】It made of durable and…
- ✔ 【Your Professional Chef】Egg Slicer is ideal for…
- ✔ 【Compact and Stylish Design】Measures 5-1/4 by 3-3/4…
- ✔ 【Customer Service】Bibury Team offers 1-year…
Westmark Germany Multipurpose Stainless Steel Wire Egg Slicer
- MADE IN GERMANY HIGH QUALITY KITCHENWARE: Westmark’s Egg…
- MATERIAL: Each product is made using high quality stainless…
- EASY AND READY TO USE: This easy to use product slices not…
- EASY TO CLEAN: Dishwasher safe.
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY: Backed with a 5 year warranty, Westmark is…
Mainstay Egg Slicer with Stainless Steel Wires
- Cut your eggs into perfect slices with the stainless-steel…
- Just place the product right into the dishwasher, without…
- Travel is simple with the light-weight plastic material
- Easy to store, due to its compact size
- Safe, durable abs plastic
Commercial Grade Egg Slicer for Hard Boiled Eggs
Egg Slicer with Stainless Steel Wire for Boiled Eggs
- ❇️ UNIQUE DESIGN: Our egg cutter has raised handle for…
- ❇️ MULTI-USE: Can be used to slice hard-boiled eggs, but…
- ❇️ MATERIAL: Made with high-quality stainless-steel…
- ❇️ EASY TO CLEAN: Top-rack dishwasher safe for fast and…
What is an Egg Slicer?
An egg slicer is a device that allows you to cut boiled eggs into even slices or wedges in seconds.
Usually, an egg slicer is composed of three parts:
- Holder/insertion tray
- Several cutting wires
The holder or insertion tray is used to fix the egg to be cut. With the help of the handle, you press the cutting wires down onto the egg so that the latter is cut into pieces.
Advantages of Egg Slicers
The biggest advantage of an egg slicer is that it gives you even slices of eggs. This will benefit all those who, when eating, attach great importance to the aesthetic appearance of the food to be eaten.
However, such a device is especially welcome when it comes to creating a magnificent buffet at a party. In that case, the egg snacks on offer should, of course, also look great visually.
Types of Egg Slicers
Basically, there are three types of egg slicers:
- Classic egg slicer
- Egg chopper
- Combination unit
Tip: Combination units combine the classic egg slicer and the egg chopper.
Classic egg slicer
With a classic egg slicer, you create round or oval slices that are ideal for topping buns.
With an egg chopper, you cut eggs into several (commonly six) even slices or segments that you can serve as finger food on a platter.
With a combination device, both options are open to you. Depending on the situation/need, you can cut eggs into slices or wedges.
How are Egg Slicers tested?
In an egg slicer test, the experts first look at the general properties of the respective model.
These include, above all, the material and the processing of the cutting wires. This is followed by a practical analysis and, finally, a comparison of different versions to make a detailed comparison and, finally, to choose the best egg slicer as the test winner.
If the quality of the two functions does not suffer from the “dualism”, a combination device is always the best solution to be as flexible as possible. However, models with “only” one function (i.e. egg slicer or egg chopper) also receive excellent marks in the test, provided they are powerful.
Egg slicers and choppers made of stainless steel are considered to be of particularly high quality. In addition, models made of cast aluminum and plastic can be found on the market. The latter are the least expensive, but can remain in top condition for almost as long as stainless steel versions if they are well made. If you want a colorful egg slicer, you should look at the plastic variants. On the other hand, you will make the right choice with a stainless steel or aluminum device if elegance and value are more important to you.
The cutting wires should be as thin as possible. Rule of thumb: The thinner the wires, the more precise and clean the cutting edges of the egg slices will be.
Stability refers primarily to the cutting wires. They must be robust and very tight. They ultimately determine how long the egg slicer will last. The housing itself is hardly stressed when the eggs are cut.
If in doubt, a smaller egg slicer is preferable, as it will not take up as much space in the kitchen.
Overall, the egg slicer should be easy to use – i.e. follow a simple mechanism and not require any effort.
Choose a device that can be cleaned easily – ideally even in the dishwasher.
The cheaper, the better? No. Quality has priority. Although there are models starting at two dollars, you will often only pay five to ten dollars more for a top-quality and durable appliance.
Last product update on 2021-06-18 | Source: Amazon Affiliate