Purchasing a wireless controller for your iPhone is an overwhelming job to do. That’s because you will come across lots of options available in the market. Picking the best option and proceeding with it will be annoying and time-consuming. Many people tend to go ahead and buy the wrong game controllers and end up with frustration.
If you want to overcome such frustration, you should be aware of what you are getting out of the game controllers before you buy them for mobile gaming.
1. SteelSeries Nimbus
SteelSeries Nimbus Bluetooth Mobile Gaming Controller looks pretty much similar to a traditional gaming controller. Hence, you will find it as an easy task to get used to it as well. This wireless controller is designed for Victory Royale, but people who engage with other games will also be able to get the most out of it.
You can pair it with your iOS device via Bluetooth 4.1 technology. This is a quick, reliable and a fast way of connecting to the iOS device. You will never experience any sudden disconnects in the middle of playing a game with it. The gaming controller is also compatible with other devices offered by Apple, including Mac, Apple TV, iPad and many more.
You can discover pressure-sensitive buttons on the SteelSeries Nimbus, which deliver an ergonomic console layout. The four LED display provides you with a quick overview of the player status when you are playing a multiplayer game.
- Victory Royale is in your hands with the fortnite ready…
- Enjoy a true wireless console experience on your iOS device…
- Compatible Devices iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6,…
- Pressure sensitive buttons and familiar ergonomic console…
- Recharges via Lightning cable for 40+ hours of nonstop…
2. Rotor Riot
Rotor Riot MFI Certified Gamepad Controller is the only game controller on the list here that is MFi certified. That means that the wireless controller was officially tested by Apple and passed the compliance tests.
The advanced connection technology behind Rotor Riot guarantees a latency-free gaming experience. You just need to recharge your batteries and keep on enjoying the games.
Another great thing that it provides you with pass-through charging. This can help you to play the games without draining battery power of your iPhone. It delivers power output to your iPhone directly.
- THE ONLY MFI CONTROLLER WITH L3 R3: Rotor Riot offers the…
- LAG AND LATENCY FREE: Experience uninterrupted gameplay with…
- CHARGE AS YOU PLAY: Our latest version offers pass through…
- COMPATIBLE WITH OVER 1000 GAMES: Our affiliate app, Ludu…
- IOS COMPATIBILITY: Our mobile gamepad connects with all…
PUBG players should think about purchasing the Megadream controller over any other gaming controllers available for iPhones. That’s because the game controller is designed specifically for playing PUBG.
Apart from PUBG, this gaming controller also provides full support for other battle royal games such as Fortnite. It is compatible with the latest iPhones and you can easily connect it via Bluetooth.
- [MFI CERTIFIED] This ios game controller are directly…
- [DIRECTLY PLAY] Connect this iphone gaming controller via…
- [SUPPORT VARIOUS GAMES] This iPad controller support most of…
- [COMPATIBLE MODELS] iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8, 8 Plus, 7,…
- [HIGH QUALITY JOYPAD] The joystick paint high quality rubber…
FiveEyes Gamepad Gaming Controller is one of the most innovative products available on the market. You will never be disappointed with the decision that you purchased this Bluetooth controller for your iPhone.
After unpacking the wireless controller, you can seamlessly integrate it with the device. The connection will be made using reliable Bluetooth 4.0 technology. This is a rechargeable game controller, which has an inbuilt lithium-ion battery. This battery can deliver a gameplay experience of 12 hours to you.
The high-quality ABXY function buttons available on the game controller deliver an enhanced gameplay experience to you at the end of the day. It also delivers precise movements in the games.
Bigaint Mobile Game Controller is a universal and a highly compatible game controller available for iPhone users. It is extremely easy for you to connect this with the iPhone and get your work done.
It is creating a connection with your iPhone via Bluetooth 4.0 technology. You will have a highly stable and secure connection. It is simply a quick plug and play experience. It easily overcomes hassle and frustration when you want to play mobile games. The Bigaint Mobile Game Controller comes along with an inbuilt phone bracket.
In addition to that, it comes with telescopic phone stand as well. The in-built LED keys enhance your gameplay experience. Overall, it has a nice price-to-performance ratio..
- 1. 【iOS compatibility】: suitable for ios11.0 / ios12 /…
- 2. 【Android compatibility】: Compatible with Android 6.0…
- 3.【Start-up method】: NOTE: Customers must choose the…
- 4. 【Custom key settings】: Customers need to download the…
- 5. PG-9118 uses wireless 4.0 connection, no complicated…
Haolide Wireless Mobile Game Controller is designed specifically for the people who play games on their mobile. If you are a mobile gamer, you are encouraged to think about spending your money for it.
When you take a look at the reviews that Haolide Wireless Mobile Game Controller has attracted in the past, you will figure out that many people have left positive comments for the long-lasting battery. Inside the game controller, you can find a 400mAh battery. It delivers a battery life of over 10 hours to you.
It will also shut down automatically when you are not using the wireless controller. This can help you save more battery power. You will also be impressed with the ergonomic design that comes with it. It is a high-performance product and you will be able to get a great gaming experience out of it.
- Mobile game controller: designed for most games on Android…
- Long-last Battery: built-in 400mAh Lithium battery, you can…
- Ergonomic Designed: the mobile gamepad are designed with…
- High Performance: pressure sensitive d-pad; 360-degree…
- Notice: the Gamepad works for most games in iOS/Android…
SEMSA Bluetooth Wireless Video Game Controller is a device that has the potential to take mobile gaming to a whole new level. You will be impressed with the functionality that it can deliver to you when you are playing games on the iPhone. The super long-lasting battery can contribute a lot towards it.
You can make sure that the battery of SEMSA Bluetooth Wireless Video Game Controller lasts for more than 40 hours of gameplay. On the other hand, you will also fall in love with the ergonomic design that comes with it. The rubber grip delivers maximum precision when you are engaged with playing intense games.
Gamevice Controller can benefit all gamers who have iPhones. Even though this wireless controller is designed for battle royal games such as PUBG and Fortnite, you can think about using it for all other games without any restriction as well. You can play your favorite games and receive an enhanced experience through the various integrated functionalities.
The classic hardware controls helps to never get frustrated when you are learning how to get used to the game controls. It provides you with a realistic gaming experience without any latency issues.
- ✔️ FORTNITE – Now works with Gamevice controller
- ✔️ COMPATIBLE WITH – iPhone X/XS /XS Max, iPhone 8/8…
- ✔️ PLAY VIDEO GAMES – Play your favorite video games…
- ✔️ CLASSIC HARDWARE CONTROLS – Dual Analog Joysticks; A,…
- ✔️ NO LATENCY, PAIRING, or POWER LOSS – Gamevice…
9. Bowei V018
Smartphone Game Controller comes with inbuilt Bluetooth technology, which provides it with the chance to get connected to your mobile device within a short period and provide an outstanding gameplay experience. Inside the game controller, you will get a 400mAh battery.
This battery is capable of providing you with up to 10 hours of playing time. You can easily mount your iPhone to the controller and enjoy your games like never before. You can also keep on playing games as much as you want because of the ergonomic design that comes with it.
The controller is compatible with a variety of games. However, you need to keep in mind that it doesn’t provide the best experience when you are playing Fortnite.
The latest upgraded version of BEBONCOOL Mobile Game Controller will ensure that you will fall in love with playing games on your mobile device. It simply delivers an innovative gameplay experience.
You can quickly pair this controller with your iPhone. Then you can continue playing your favorite games on it. It is compatible with a large number of devices besides iOS devices. On the other hand, it provides you a precise shooting experience. Customizable key mapping is one of the most prominent and innovative features that you can receive with BEBONCOOL.
The key mapping allows you to gain the extra edge when you are playing games such as PUBG and Fortnite on the mobile phone. With a single charge of just 1.5 hours, you will be able to use this controller and play games for up to 12 long hours.
No products found.
Connect your bluetooth controller to Apple device
How to get started
- All Apple devices with iOS 13, iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 and macOS Catalina support wireless game controllers from Xbox and PlayStation
- Check with your controller manufacturer if you need to update the firmware of the device
- When connecting the controller with the Apple device (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV), make sure that you are in range and that there is no interference of the signal.
Which controllers are supported for iPhone / iPad?
- Xbox Controller
- PlayStation Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller
- All MFi (which stands for “Made for iOS) game controllers are supported by Apple devices. Controllers can be found in the list above. Common wireless controllers for iOS devices (iPhone / iPad / Apple TV / etc) are SteelSeries Nimbus, Horipad Ultimate and many more.
How to un(pair) the wireless controller with the device?
- Turn on the pairing mode on the controller
- Xbox Controllers (Xbox One Controller): Press and hold the Xbox button to turn on the controller. After this, press and hold the Connect button for a few seconds to start the pairing mode.
- PlayStation Controller (DualShock 4 Controller): Press and hold the PS & Share buttons at the same time to start the pairing mode until you can the light bar beginning to flash
- Tap Settings on your iOS device that you want to connected with the controller
- Check Bluetooth if it is turned on
- Find the name of controller under Other devices. Tap on the device name to connect with it.
- If you wish to unpair the controller again, tap the information icon next to the device name and select Forget This Device.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are MFI controller for iOS devices?
MFi controllers are officially certified iOS gamepads by Apple. Through certification, you can be sure that all functions work with your Apple device. Since there is unfortunately no Apple Controller for iOS, you are always dependent on third-party manufacturers and should also pay attention to the corresponding label for the best compatibility.
Does one MFI controller work with multiple devices?
Since everything from iPhone to iPad to Apple TV runs on iOS, you have the advantage with a MFI game controller that you can use it with all devices. The connection always works wirelessly via Bluetooth and is usually quick and easy.
With an MFI controller for the Apple TV, you can simply continue playing on the iPhone / iPad. If you play on several Apple devices, you can save a lot of money for additional gamepads.
Even on the iMac or MacBook you can continue playing with most devices, as the connection via Bluetooth also works here.
What is the difference among the MFi controllers?
But what’s the difference if the gamepads are all MFI certified? After all, the prices vary extremely. Good iOS controllers quickly cost more than twice as much as cheap models.
The main difference here is clearly in the quality of manufacturing. Product prices of 20 euros are clearly reflected in the quality.
If you only play occasionally or would like to test an MFI controller with the iPhone / iPad / Apple TV first, you can get a good introduction to mobile gaming with the affordable devices.
For all gamers who play regularly and several times a week, the cheap iOS controllers will certainly not be long enough. Rattled buttons, imprecise control pads and slippery palms can get really annoying in the long run. Here it is worth spending a little more for regular gamers.
What is the compatibility of the iOS controller?
It is important to know that not all gamepads work with all games. MFi controllers are certified by Apple only for connection to iOS. Each game can have different requirements for the external hardware. Unfortunately, the whole thing has been solved very unfortunate and an unified interface should urgently be remedied here.
Incidentally, the price is irrelevant for compatibility. There are expensive game controllers without Fortnite support. The same game works great with a cheap iOS controller. Here you really have to think about which games you mainly play and then look specifically for a controller.
In fairness, however, it must also be mentioned that the whole story with iOS game controllers is still in its infancy. The hype has only just begun and the hardware manufacturers and game developers still have to coordinate. In the meantime, current games are also getting support for other gamepads via software updates.
What is the battery life of the MFi iOS controller
Since most iOS controllers are connected via Bluetooth, they need a battery to be supplied with power. These usually last around 10 hours. More than enough power to play all day.
If you want to be on the safe side while on the go, you can also recharge the MFi controller on a power bank. Such additional battery fully charges your gamepad more than 10 times. A week of camping in nature is therefore not a problem.
But a good power bank has another advantage. Mobile games on the iPhone drains your smartphone battery very quickly. To prevent this, you can also use such an additional power bank on the go for your iPhone or iPad.
Can I play iOS games on the monitor?
With a game controller for iPhone, iPad or Apple TV, you have yet another serious advantage. The small iOS device could simply serve as a full game console. You can output the picture via a USB-C monitor connected to the new iPad Pro. But also for the iPhone there are corresponding Lightning to HDMI adapters with which you can output the image on a larger display.
Since you control your game completely via the MFi controller, the iPhone can be anywhere within Bluetooth range. You then play on the big screen. You can save a few hundred dolloars for an extra game console.
Last product update on 2021-10-23 | Source: Amazon Affiliate