Welcome to our large laser printer with scanner test. Here we present you all of the laser printers with scanners that we have tested. We have put together detailed background information for you.
We want to make the purchase decision easier for you and help you to find the best laser printer with scanner for you.
You can also find answers to frequently asked questions in our guide. You will also find some important information on this page that you should pay attention to if you want to buy a laser printer with a scanner.
- A laser printer with scanner is a very fast and above all powerful printer.
- Laser printers with scanners are multifunctional printers and are able to print, scan, copy and fax.
- Laser printers with scanners are available as color laser printers or as black and white laser printers. A distinction is also made between the various connection technologies, USB, NFC and WiFi.
Best Laser Printers with Scanner
HP LaserJet Pro M28w
The multifunction laser printer from HP is a compact, very powerful and also very inexpensive laser printer with scanner. The black and white laser printer can be connected via WLAN as well as LAN.
Customers who have opted for this laser printer with scanner particularly praise the simple setup, the good AirPrint connection and the high-quality print result. All in all, a compact and reliable laser printer with scanner that convinces with a top price-performance.
Samsung Xpress M2070FW
- GREAT VALUE FOR YOUR HOME OFFICE – This Samsung all-in-one…
- GET PRINT ON TAP – NFC enables your mobile device to connect…
- EASY MOBILE PRINTING – Download the free Samsung Mobile…
- FAST SPEED PRINTING – Print up to 21 pages per minute….
- PROFESSIONAL IMAGE QUALITY – Get sharp, crisp images and…
We were also impressed by this laser printer with scanner from Samsung. With the ability to print, scan and copy, it is one of the top multifunctional devices despite its low price.
What is special here is that you can print via WLAN as well as NFC. This laser printer with scanner is particularly suitable for people who want to have a lot of text printed out very quickly.
Brother Monochrome Laser Printer MFCL2710DW
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency…
- Dynamic features meet your evolving needs. The 250-sheet…
- Flexible printing. The manual feed slot offers flexible…
- Engineered to deliver productivity. Up to 50-sheet automatic…
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wireless from your…
Canon Image CLASS D570
- Wi Fi Direct Connection allows you to connect your…
- Print at speeds of up to 28 pages per minute
- Print on the go with Canon Print Business, Apple AirPrint,…
- Paper capacity allows for 250 sheets in the standard…
HP Neverstop All-in-One Laser Printer 1202w
- Lowest cost per page on laser printing in-class: This…
- Less than 1 cent per page: This wireless laser printer comes…
- Reload with more toner, for a lot less: With the Toner…
- The best-in-class mobile print app, HP Smart: Simplify…
- Print with or without a network: The Neverstop All-in-One…
HP LaserJet Pro Multifunction M428fdw
- Built to keep your business moving forward – Print, scan,…
- HP WOLF PRO SECURITY – Protect company data and safeguard…
- Automate complicated workflows – help save time by…
- Print with or without a network – use Built-in Wi-Fi…
- Speed through tasks – stay productive with single-pass,…
FAQ's: Laser Printers with Scanners
What is a laser printer with a scanner?
A laser printer with a scanner, also known as a multifunction laser printer, is a special type of printer that uses electrophotography to print onto paper.
What is particularly striking here is that printing and exposure take place in one printing process. That is why laser printers with scanners are among the page printers.
Who should use a laser printer with a scanner?
Basically, a laser printer with a scanner is suitable for anyone who wants to transfer documents from a computer or smartphone to paper.
Whether at home or in the office, a laser printer with scanner can be integrated anywhere. It is generally said that a laser printer with a scanner is perfect for multiple printers because it can print out a large number of documents in a very short time.
However, if you would also like to print photos from your last summer vacation or your last city trip, a laser printer with a scanner is not very suitable. Inkjet printers are much better at printing photos.
What different models of laser printers with scanners are there?
Before buying a laser printer with a scanner, you should know that there are different models. So that you don’t accidentally buy the wrong laser printer with scanner for your purpose, we give you a brief overview of the different models here.
One distinguishes between:
- Color laser printer with scanner
- Black and white laser printer with scanner
- Laser printer with USB connection
- Laser printer with wireless (WiFi) connection
- Laser printer with NFC (near field communication) connection
We will show you more details as well as the advantages and disadvantages of the individual models in the decision part of our test.
How does a laser printer with a scanner work?
The functioning of a laser printer with a scanner is a lot more complicated than that of an inkjet printer. In order to understand these, the individual components that make up the laser printer must first be understood.
The functionality is based on electrical charge. The components that make up a laser printer and scanner are the imaging drum, toner, laser and a fuser.
Now that that has been clarified, let’s move on to how it works. You should also know that a laser printer with a scanner first secures the entire page to be printed and then projects it completely onto the sheet.
- First, the imaging drum is negatively charged so that it begins to rotate. Laser beams are then thrown onto the image drum to ensure neutralization. The printer color is now placed in these places.
- Now the toner, which contains negative powder, is passed through and it is ensured that the toner powder is repelled at the negative areas and adheres to the neutralized areas.
- The paper now runs past the image drum and is thus positively charged with the pattern to be printed in order to allow the negative particles to adhere. The paper then passes the fixing roller, which now prints on the paper at a temperature of 200 ° C.
- At the end of each printing process, the image drum is exposed and thus unloaded for the next process.
What alternatives are there to a laser printer with a scanner?
The only comparable alternative to a laser printer with a scanner is an inkjet printer. This is also suitable for home or office and offers the same advantages at first glance. However, a closer comparison reveals some differences.
Here we have clearly summarized all the advantages and disadvantages of both printers:
Laser printer with scanner
- Fast printing
- Lightfast and waterproof print
- Minimal material consumption
- High volumes of printing are not a problem
- Complex device structure
- Often very large and bulky
- Higher acquisition costs
Inkjet printer with scanner
- Often cheaper acquisition costs
- Simple device structure
- Cheap maintenance
- Excellent quality in photo printing
- High cost of accessories
- Slow printing speed
- Ink tank empties quickly
Types of Laser Printers with Scanner
If you want to buy a laser printer with a scanner, you can essentially choose between four variants:
- Color laser printer with scanner
- Black and white laser printer with scanner
- Laser printer with scanner and USB connection
- Laser printer with scanner with NFC connection
Here we will show you the advantages and disadvantages of the individual models to make your purchase decision easier.
Color laser printer with scanner: Advantages & Disadvantages
A color laser printer with a scanner is basically characterized by the fact that, as the name suggests, it can print documents or images in color.
They have the same qualities as the black and white version, only that they can also print in color. The color printability has no influence on the scanner in the laser printer.
- Ability to print in color
- Extremely fast color printing
- High acquisition costs
- Higher additional costs because more cartridges
- Bigger printer
Black and white laser printer with scanner: Advantages & Disadvantages
If you rarely, or never, print color documents, a black and white laser printer and scanner is perfect for you.
- Less additional costs
- Smaller and more compact
- Not able to print in color
This is not only smaller, and can therefore easily be placed next to the computer, but is often also cheaper.
Laser printer with scanner and USB connection: Advantages & Disadvantages
With a USB connection, in the case of a laser printer with a scanner, this means that it is connected to the computer or laptop via USB cable. This enables a flawless connection that is not interrupted by any Internet interference or similar.
- Stable connection
- No internet required for use
- Mostly cheaper
- Printing from multiple devices more complicated
- Cannot print from smartphone
In general, it is more complicated but not impossible to print from several devices with a laser printer with scanner with USB connection.
To make this possible, the PC connected to the laser printer with scanner is used as a print server. Other computers send their print job to this PC, which then issues the job via the USB connection.
Laser printer with scanner with NFC connection: Advantages & Disadvantages
NFC stands for Near-Field Communication and, simply explained, means that a close connection must be guaranteed for data exchange between your computer and the laser printer with scanner.
- Reliable connection
- No internet required for use
- Easy printing from your smartphone
- Not all devices support NFC
- Not many devices on the market yet
Most smartphones are already NFC-capable, which means that you put your smartphone on the printer and can now even print from your smartphone.
Laser Printers with Scanner: Purchase Criteria
In the following we will show you the criteria you can use to compare and evaluate laser printers with scanners. This makes it easier for you to get an overview and to decide on a suitable and effective product.
In summary, these are:
- Print Speed
- Weight & Size
- Power Consumption
The printing speed of your laser printer with scanner is particularly important if you want to print a lot at once. But also if you want to quickly reprint scanned documents. Nobody wants to waste a lot of time printing.
Laser printers with scanners are especially known for being able to print a lot and quickly in a very short time. Most laser printers with scanners can print around 20-30 pages per minute.
To give you an overview of how fast it actually is, we compared the printing speed of a laser printer with a scanner with that of a simple inkjet printer.
Laser printer with scanner
20-30 (Pages per minute)
7-15 (Pages per minute)
As already mentioned, there are differences in the connection technology, which provides information on how the laser printer with scanner is connected to the end device. You can choose between a USB, WLAN or NFC connection.
If you do not want to connect your laser printer with scanner to several end devices, you can choose a USB connection through a network adapter. This is more reliable and often cheaper than a WLAN or NFC connection.
As with any technical device, the quality of a laser printer with a scanner is particularly important. Often this is characterized by its multifunctionality. If a laser printer is also able to scan, copy and fax it is particularly powerful.
If you print a lot and a lot, it is worth getting a high quality laser printer with a scanner. This is at acquisition costs of around € 200. But it is still worthwhile because higher-priced laser printers with scanners are usually very durable and powerful.
As with most technical devices, the price is very high. You can get a laser printer with scanner for as little as 60 dollars.
However, there are also real professional devices that go far beyond the budget of a normal household. Such laser printers with scanners are intended more for companies and less for private use.
Weight & Size
The weight and size of a laser printer with a scanner depend on various properties. A color laser printer with a scanner, for example, is larger and therefore heavier than a black and white laser printer with a scanner.
In addition, this depends on which format the laser printer with scanner is able to print and whether it is adjustable in size.
Especially nowadays it is important to pay attention to the power consumption when buying a new device. Unfortunately, this is above average for a laser printer with a scanner.
An average inkjet printer only consumes around 25 watts and is therefore a lot more economical than a laser printer with a scanner.
A regular laser printer with a scanner consumes an average of 300-500 watts. A company device even has up to 1000 watts. The power consumption is so high because the laser printer has to heat up after it has started up.
Facts about Laser Printers with Scanners
Can I connec the printer with my computer?
Basically every device can be connected to a laser printer with a scanner. If the connection technology of your laser printer with scanner is USB, you can easily connect any computer or laptop with a USB port via a cable.
If you have an NFC laser printer with a scanner, you have to see whether your devices, such as smartphone, tablet or laptop, are NFC-capable.
If you have a WiFi laser printer with a scanner, you basically only have to have an active internet connection at home and all devices are connected to the same network. Then printing, scanning and copying pictures on your tablet, smartphone or computer shouldn’t be a problem.
Which paper is suitable for a laser printer?
In the case of a laser printer with a scanner, or in general with a multifunction laser printer, it works as long as it is paper suitable for laser printers.
Coated papers as well as photo paper or other high-gloss papers do not withstand the high heat that is necessary for laser printing. So if you want to print photos on photo paper, you’d better do it with a dedicated photo printer.
Layers of the paper can come off and in the worst case even ruin your laser printer with scanner.
Because of this, if you have a laser printer with a scanner, or if you are considering buying one, you should only print with normal paper
Can the laser printer with scanner print pictures from a smartphone?
Every laser printer with a scanner is able to print pictures or documents from your smartphone in a direct or indirect way. However, it only works directly if you have a WLAN or NFC laser printer with a scanner.
If you have a USB laser printer with a scanner, printing from your smartphone only works with the help of your laptop or computer, which acts as a transmitter.
Since your laptop or computer is connected to the laser printer with scanner, all documents to be printed must first arrive there before they can be printed.
Last product update on 2022-01-24 | Source: Amazon Affiliate