Welcome to our big office desk test. Here we present all the office desks that we have tested in detail. We have compiled detailed background information and also added a summary of customer reviews on the web.
With this, we want to make your purchase decision easier and help you find the best office desk for you.
You can also find answers to frequently asked questions in our guide.Furthermore, you will also find some important information on this page that you should definitely pay attention to if you want to buy an office desk.
- A desk can be seen as the most important piece of furniture in your office. It is probably the place where you spend most of your working time.
- Office desks come in many different types, styles and designs. The right desk must fit the conditions in your office.
- The office desk should always be kept neat and tidy. It can act as the business card of the owner.
Best Office Desks
JOISCOPE Home Office Computer Desk
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL DESIGN：Our table has a multi-purpose…
- EASY ASSEMBLY：With the easily comprehensible instructions,…
- STURDY STRUCTURE：Constructed by premium steel and…
- PERFECT DESIGN：We have adopted an industrial style design…
- 100% SATISFACTION：JOISCOPE is confident in the quality of…
Tribesigns Computer Desk, 55 inch Large Office Desk
- [MODERN SIMPLE DESK COMPUTER TABLE OFFICE DESKS ]- with…
- [WIDEN DESKTOP & SPACIOUS LEG ROOM ]- 23.6″ wide, provide…
- [SUPER STURDY ] – desktop made of 0.59″ thicker laminated…
- [Easy TO ASSEMBLE ] – Double color desk, all tools and…
- [LARGE SIZE ] – 55″(L) x 23.6″(W) x 29.2″(H) / 44 lbs weight…
Casaottima L Shaped Desk, 51" Home Office Desk
- Spacious Work Space: Overall dimensions are 51″(L) x 51″(L)…
- Sturdy Frame: The sturdy frame and desktop can support all…
- Strong Desktop: The desktop is waterproof,…
- Monitor Shelf: The removable shelf can be installed on…
- Customer Service: We provide 3-year warranty and our…
Mr IRONSTONE L-Shaped Desk 50.8" Computer Corner Desk
- Nearly full L Shaped Desk with Optional Space Saving Monitor…
- Durable & Sturdy Construction: The L shaped desk is…
- Large Desktop & Ample Space:（50.8″+50.8″)L*18.2″D double…
- Fast Installation & Easy Cleaning: To make assembling this…
- What You Get: An L-shaped computer desk, a monitor stand,…
SHW L-Shaped Home Office Wood Corner Desk
- L-shaped corner computer desk saves space in home office,…
- Material: Espresso,wood grain laminated Environmental…
- Open shelves provide a perfect room for your binders and…
- Super Easy to Assembly, step by step instruction and…
- Measures 51″ W x 19.7″ D x 28.3 ” H (51″ overall depth)
FURINNO Econ Multipurpose Home Office Computer Writing Desk
- Simple stylish design yet Functional and suitable for any…
- Material: manufactured from CARB compliant composite wood,…
- Fits in your space, fits on your budget.
- Features slide-out keyboard drawer, CPU storage and a…
- Some assembly required. Please see instruction. Product…
Cubiker Computer Desk 32 inch Home Office Writing Study Desk
- Modern Design: Multiple colors choose, storage bag will help…
- Sturdy and Stable: Iron bars design and adjustable leg pads…
- Easy to Assemble: Step by step instruction and included…
- Dimension: 32″ W x 19.7″ D x 28″ H
- Applicable Room and Function: Suitable for study, working,…
SDADI 2 Inches Carpet Wheels Mobile Standing Desk
- With more than one year of customer feedback collection and…
- It’s neck&spine pain killer when you use with standing…
- Long lasting with 1.2mm steel structure,rustproof coating…
- 2 inches ABS mute wheels with locking function,can be moved…
- Easy to install,can be finished in 15-20 minutes by one…
Frequently Asked Questions: Office Desks
What requirements should an office desk meet?
An office desk is probably the workplace where you spend several hours of work. For this reason, it is important that your office desk meets certain requirements.
For one, you need to have enough space to work.
A large work surface will help you not to get lost in the chaos of your work documents. In addition, storage options such as drawers or other compartments can help you to work in an orderly and structured manner.
But also from an ergonomic point of view, you can pay attention to some points in your office desk. Some desk models are adjustable in height. This allows you to adjust your desk so that you can work in a comfortable position and healthy posture.
If you spend several hours sitting, leg and foot room is important. Because when you have enough space to stretch your legs, you promote healthy blood circulation in your body.
What additional components are there for office desks?
When you think of an office desk, you probably just imagine a tabletop with four legs. However, office desks can have additional components that can increase the functionality of your desk.
Drawers and compartments create additional storage for your work materials and documents. They also help you stay tidy, so there may be less clutter on your work surface.
Table tops are additional superstructures that serve as storage options. Or they create an additional surface for a screen on your office desk.
The above additional components are just examples, there are of course many more that may already be integrated into your office desk depending on the model. Otherwise, you can also buy certain parts separately.
What shapes can office desks have?
Office desks can be found in stores in different shapes. Depending on the application of your office desk, one shape is more suitable than the other.
Probably the best known shape of a desk is the rectangle. However, a desk can also be oval or round. This alternative is also suitable as a meeting table, for example.
Perfectly suitable for room corners are office desks in an L-shape. With such a table, you would make good use of the area of your office.
Also, with an L-shaped table, it is convenient to use one side for client or employee meetings and the other as a work surface.
Free-form desks are ideal for offices where multiple employees work. They have different shapes, depending on the design. What is special about these tables is their functionality. In fact, several tables can be arranged in such a way that it provides space-saving workstations for several employees.
Are there office desks for several people?
In stores you can find office desks that offer workstations for two or more people. An ideal alternative for several people are office desks in the form of free desks.
These are designed in such a way that they form a unit with several individual desks, which creates workstations for several people.
If many people need to work together, a conference table is the ideal solution. It is also mainly suitable for meetings.
Types of Office Desks
The office desks offered on the market vary greatly in their construction and design. Nevertheless, office desks can be roughly divided into four different types:
- Classic office desk
- Desk combination
- Computer desk
- Conference table
Which one you should choose depends on your intended use and spatial conditions. Each type comes with advantages and disadvantages that may be important in your decision.
Classic office desk
By conventional office desks can be understood a simple table top with four table legs. This type is possibly the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a desk.
Compared to the other types of desks, it is a rather space-saving alternative that can often be adjusted in height as well. Additionally, with conventional desks, you benefit from a certain amount of legroom since any bases are not present.
However, conventional office desks do not offer storage options. For this reason, the workplace can quickly become messy. Often, with this type, you also won’t find cable channels where any computer cables can be hidden.
- More space-saving than other types of desks
- Often height adjustable
- No storage options
- Quickly messy
- No cabling options
Desk combinations are characterized by additional equipment. For example, here are integrated various compartments, drawers or even small boxes.
Thus, they offer many storage options. This helps to keep order at the workplace. In addition, any add-ons can provide more workspace.
However, desk combinations are rather bulky and consume more space than conventional office desks. In addition, there is often no legroom due to substructures. Due to their design, the height is usually not adjustable.
- Storage options
- Keep order easier
- Possibly more working space due to extensions
- Often not height adjustable
- Possibly no legroom
As the name suggests, computer desks are perfect for computer workers. They have additional components.
Generally, the construction elements of a computer desk are optimally designed for the stowage of computer accessories. For example, they have a cable channel or an additional drawer for the keyboard and computer mouse.
However, it should be remembered that the work surface may be small, as the monitor takes up a lot of space. Also, a printer tray under the table may not provide legroom.
- Ideal for computers
- Cabling options
- Storage options for computer accessories
- Sometimes little work space
- Often not height adjustable
- Possibly no legroom
A conference table is usually a part of meeting rooms. It can possibly be seen as a central meeting point in the office.
Several people can take a seat here, making it perfect for meetings. Due to the large work surface, each meeting participant has enough space.
A conference table takes up a lot of space in the room due to their size. In addition, storage options are not given.
- Suitable for several people
- Ideal for meetings
- Large work surface
- Takes up a lot of space
- No storage options
- Often not height adjustable
How To Pick The Best Office Desk
In the following, we would like to show you which factors you can use to compare and evaluate office desks. This will make it easier for you to decide whether a particular office desk is suitable for you or not.
In summary, these are:
- Height adjustability
- Additional components
You can use these buying criteria to help you decide which office desk is best for you. You can find them explained in more detail in the following paragraphs.
Which table shape is suitable for you depends on the room where you want to put your office desk. A rectangular table is the most common variant.
Corner desks are particularly suitable for room corners. But L-shaped desks are also a good alternative.
Qudratic desks can be a space-saving alternative. Freestanding office desks can also have an oval or round shape.
In the trade, office desks are mainly offered made of wood. However, you can also find many models with a glass top. The choice of the material can also depend on the rest of the furniture in the room.
Office desks with a glass top are considered modern alternatives to wooden desks. Visually, they usually look more premium than office desks made of wood.
Wood, as we all know, comes in many different varieties. This variety of wood types is also reflected in the desks.
In the table below you will find a brief overview of the two materials:
A desk made of glass looks modern and high quality. However, when buying should pay attention to the scratch resistance. As a rule, these office desks are also heavier.
Wood is available in many different variants. The choice is therefore large. The price of this material varies greatly according to the quality.
Height adjustability also plays an important role when choosing an office desk. This feature allows you to adjust your desk individually to your height.
It is especially important from an ergonomic point of view. It allows you to work in a comfortable position and healthy posture.
Depending on the design, office desks can also be non-height-adjustable. In this case, you can only adjust your working height with a height-adjustable office chair.
Additional components and equipment at your office desk can help you keep your workplace tidy. Among them you can count, for example, compartments, drawers, cable channels, small boxes or partitions.
They offer the possibility to store your documents. This way you can prevent chaos on your desk.
However, when buying them, make sure you really need them all. Otherwise, they can also take away work space.
Last product update on 2021-03-06 | Source: Amazon Affiliate