Cream dispensers are often used in the catering industry, in professional kitchens and in private kitchens. With this device, you can prepare fresh cream in no time, make a delicious chocolate mousse or make various dessert variations. While some models are designed to be used only with cold liquids, some manufacturers offer cream dispensers for warm liquids or sauces. We explain what a cream maker can do and what you can use it for in our great comparison and guide.
We have selected various cream dispensers, which we explain to you in more detail with their features and equipment characteristics in our product comparison. In the guide, we give you tips on what you should look for when buying such a product and how the types of cream dispensers differ. You will learn what you should look for in the filling quantity and how to clean a cream dispenser. In the FAQ we answer your questions about cream dispensers.
Professional Whipped Cream Dispenser by FineDine
- PROFESSIONAL CREAM WHIPPER – The right tool for light,…
- DURABLE and FUNCTIONAL – Perfect for daily use around the…
- MULTIPLE NOZZLES – Create any number of designs to top…
- HEAVY-DUTY ALUMINUM – Crafted of premium aluminum, the cream…
- FOOD GRADE – Carefully designed with food grade material,…
Whipped Cream Maker/Canister 500mL by CastleWiz
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY Whipped Cream Dispenser by CastleWiz -…
- DURABLE USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN FOR EVERYDAY USE – Both the…
- EASY GRIP & CLEAN; Smooth screw-on design top piece includes…
- LEAK RESISTANT DESIGN – Our whip cream dispensers come with…
- OUR PROMISE TO YOU – We are so confident of the quality of…
Otis Whipped Cream Dispenser Stainless Steel
- COMMERCIAL GRADE – Premium craft mixture tool that is built…
- STAINLESS STEEL – Fully constructed with durable, sturdy…
- DECORATING TIPS & GUIDE INCLUDED – 3 styles of decorating…
- EASY TO CLEAN – Built to access all separate pieces of the…
- OUR PROMISE- We are 100% confident in our product – if you…
EurKitchen Professional Whipped Cream Dispenser w/Leak-Free
- Upgraded Design – Serve Custom-Crafted Treats With No…
- Safety First – Durable All-Aluminum Canister And Head with…
- Easy-Care Design allows you to simply rinse out the…
- Step-By-Step Instructions, Use Tips And Recipes will have…
- Risk-Free Purchase: Easy Returns, Quick Refunds and a…
Impeccable Culinary Objects (ICO) Whipped Cream Dispenser
- Full Money Back Guarantee: superior money back guarantee and…
- A trusted European brand with over 15 years experience in…
- Professional quality: ranked by America’s Test Kitchen as…
- The ideal whipped cream maker for home use, the ICO whipped…
- N2O cartridges are not included with this variation. Select…
Frequently Asked Questions: Whipped Cream Dispensers
What is a Whipped Cream Dispenser?
Freshly whipped cream can be used to refine and decorate many desserts, cakes and pies. Whipping cream by hand or with a mixer is relatively time-consuming and you need several devices to make the fresh cream. A cream dispenser allows you to prepare it quickly and easily. These home appliances are known by various names:
- Cream Siphon
- Cream Maker
- Cream Whipper
- Whipped cream maker
Choose your own ingredients and flavors: The preparation of cream, creams, mousse or hot dishes is done without preservatives. In addition, you have the option to refine the taste to your liking with additives such as vanilla sugar, cocoa or other flavors.
How does a Whipped Cream Dispenser work?
With a cream dispenser, you can make fresh whipped cream and other “airy” preparations in a short time. The cream is whipped using the propellant gas nitrous oxide, known as N2O or laughing gas. Here’s how to prepare the cream in the cream maker:
- Pour the liquid cream into the cream container.
- Insert the gasket and screw the lid tightly to the container.
- Place the gas cartridge in the capsule holder and screw it onto the cream maker.
- When screwing it on, you will hear a soft hissing sound. This sound is confirmation that the nitrous oxide is flowing from the cartridge into the cream maker.
- When the gas cartridge is empty – that is, you no longer hear any hissing – you can remove the capsule holder.
- Now shake the cream maker a few times. The cream becomes stiff so that you can spray it onto your dishes with the spray attachments.
- Depending on the device, the dosing or portioning is done by pressing a button or using a lever. Hold the cream dispenser with the spray opening facing down.
Which whipped cream do I use in the cream maker? Cream with a fat content of at least 30 percent is suitable for preparation in the cream dispenser. The higher fat content makes the cream firmer and it retains its consistency longer.
You can usually get the cream dispensers with different garnishing attachments, which you can use to garnish your food with different patterns. Some siphons are suitable for preparing cold and hot liquids. You pour the warm liquid into the cream maker, it must not be heated with the liquid in any case. Whether a cream maker is suitable for cold and warm liquids, manufacturers usually specify in their product descriptions.
Which filling capacity do I need for a cream dispenser?
The majority of cream dispensers have a maximum capacity of 500 milliliters. You also get models with 250 milliliters and with one liter capacity. Which filling quantity could be the right one for you and your family, we explain in the following overview:
- 0.25 liters: The cream is enough for about five people to the cake, without any leftovers.
- 0.5 liters: The cream is enough for several people to the cake. In some cases, leftovers remain.
- 1.0 liters: These cream dispensers are suitable for preparing cream, desserts and creams in larger quantities.
While you need one gas cartridge to fill 500 milliliters, you should use two N2O cartridges for a 1-liter model to get a good result. Also, with cream dispensers, you can fill less than the maximum amount and use the product in the same way. That is, for a siphon with a maximum capacity of 0.5 liters, you can fill only 250 milliliters.
Basically, the following rule of thumb applies to the preparation of cream, creams and mousse in the cream siphons: if you fill a quantity of 500 milliliters into the container, you will get about four times the quantity as the final volume. From 500 milliliters of liquid cream, you will therefore obtain 2 liters of whipped cream.
How long does the cream last in the cream dispenser?
In the product descriptions, most manufacturers specify a period of one week when stored in the refrigerator. However, we find on the net information that the cream in the cream siphon keeps up to 2 weeks when stored in the refrigerator. If you wanted to be sure, you should not exceed a cool storage of 7 days.
Advantages of Whipped Cream Dispensers
Besides the quick preparation of whipped or foamed food, the cream dispenser offers you other advantages. Below you will find a brief overview of the advantages and disadvantages of the cream dispenser:
- Easy to use
- Whipped cream can be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week
- Own creations regarding ingredients and flavors possible
- Preparation without preservatives
- Cream can be prepared in a very short time
- Relatively expensive to purchase
- Follow-up costs due to the gas cartridges
- Incorrect disposal of the gas cartridges pollutes the environment
Types of Whipped Cream Dispensers
With the two different types of siphon, you prepare cream or cream in the same way, only the way of spraying is different. Cream dispensers are divided into
- Whipped cream dispenser with lever
- Whipped cream dispenser with push button
The whipped cream dispenser with lever offers you a better and more targeted dosage, which is why it is more suitable for more elaborate decorations. The cream maker with a push-button dosing is more difficult to dose, which can negatively affect the fine tuning.
What should I look for when buying a cream dispenser?
Cream dispensers operate at a high pressure due to the gas cartridges. Therefore, high-quality workmanship and high-quality materials are essential. In addition, you should pay attention to the following criteria when making your purchase decision:
- The filling capacity of the cream siphon indicates the amount of liquid you can pour into the container. The majority of the devices offered on the market have a maximum filling volume of 500 milliliters. You can also get products with 250 milliliters or one liter capacity.
- Aluminum or stainless steel are often used as the container material. Aluminum is much lighter and the models made of this material are therefore easier to handle. On the other hand, aluminum is viewed critically by some users in connection with food. Stainless steel is considered food-safe and is also easier to clean and more robust than aluminum. Stainless steel models are often somewhat more expensive.
- Cream dispensers for hot and cold liquids give you more options. The devices are usually designed so that you can fill liquids of a maximum temperature of 75 degrees Celsius. Only if the manufacturer explicitly states that the container is suitable for warm liquids, you can use it for that.
- Spray attachments are part of the scope of delivery for most devices. Most manufacturers offer three to five spray nozzles that you can use to create different patterns. These attachments should ideally be made of stainless steel or plastic and be easy to clean.
- You can get cream dispensers with levers or push buttons to spray the contents. When buying, pay attention to which system the manufacturer relies on in this context. Cream dispensers with levers can be better and more targeted in the amount, while this is somewhat more difficult with the creamers with a push button.
- One or the other accessory can be very helpful when buying the cream maker. For example, some manufacturers supply their cream siphons with cleaning brushes that allow you to clean the device and the cream spouts easier and faster.
- You should also keep an eye on the compatibility of the gas cartridges when buying the cream dispenser. Usually, cream dispensers work with the commercially available N2O cartridges, which are filled with nitrous oxide.
Even if the gas used is considered harmless, the cream dispenser must be able to withstand the pressure and must not explode under any circumstances. Therefore, when buying, make sure that the model is made of either aluminum or stainless steel.
Last product update on 2021-02-27 | Source: Amazon Affiliate